Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Parties and Cosmopolitans

When you are ill and bed ridden, there is only one thing you can do...escape. Not litterally, although you surely wish you could, but by letting your mind drift away on things and matters that you wish for in life. Life is so darn hectic, leaving very little time for creativity and imagination. There is one plan after the other, meetings here and there, and bills..heaps of them. Sounds like the epitome of a creative nightmare. I can’t honestly recall the last day in months (well since my holiday anyway) that I truly had a day off. But today feels like a great excuse and I will take every opportunity to ride on it.

My thoughts are already on a beautiful place we found this summer in France, I go through it room by room and imagine the tranquility and peace, a place I have always longed for and will be our family home one day.

I think of next year, a new situation, a new beginning, a new life. Funny enough this dream is more like an open canvas, still to be painted. I prowl my mind searching for anything to give direction. But there is no golden compass to lead me.

But there are some more immediate, estetic goals however. I’m thinking of grulling gym sessions, preferably with a personal trainer that beat the craps out of me, facials, anti-cellulite treatments, shopping (it’s one thing I’m completely off right now, but I know it will return with a vengence), parties and cosmopolitans. God, I’d do anything to be the life and soul of a party right now.

Chin-chin anyone?

http://socialcouture.typepad.com/tabletalk/images/2008/05/29/cosmopolitan.jpg

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics